I have a 86 ranger 5spd 2wd

Asked by Jul 13, 2016 at 09:23 PM about the 1986 Ford Ranger XLT Standard Cab LB

Okay I pulled Trans to replace rear main seal. The clutch system is completely
bled, shifter installed properly, but I messed up and used top Trans bolts to pull
it flush to engine. It is a internal hydraulic system,no clutch fork. Before Trans
was removed no problems, reinstall no cutch, it's like the clutch is engaged all
the time, maybe throughout bearing compressed, thoughts.

49,375

If you had the clutch hydraulic system open did you bleed the air out of the clutch hydraulic system?

Yes it shot fluid up onto firewall. I'm wondering if using top Trans bolts to pull granny up flush to motor maybe somehow put the trans shaft In a bind and has the clutch engaged all the time.

49,375

The clutch is normally engaged all the time unless the pedal is pressed and the throwout bearing pushes on the fingers of the pressure plate to release the clutch. Makes me wonder if it is not bled properly or if the throwout bearing is in a bind.

That's what I'm wondering myself if maybe if one of the pressure plate fingers somehow grabbed the bearing and held it in place

49,375

Read post number 3 for proper bleeding procedure.....http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/816151-clutch-not- disengaging.html