i have 98 eagle talon tsi and it's runs and shift good but has no power in the boost. like it cuts out. i have replaced the spark plug and injectors new fuel filter and even put in sea foam to clean out the gas tank...when i run the car and press on the car it cut to lean... and idea's???

5

Asked by May 04, 2012 at 01:24 AM about the 1998 Eagle Talon 2 Dr TSi Turbo AWD Hatchback

6,355

Say the turbocharger is on the way out, check for shaft play.

5

no turbo is good no shaft play and it works. when i get about 3500rpm the car bucks. you can hear the muffler back fire. that with every gear. the car runs but no balls for power.

6,355

assuming you checked your fuel pressure what did you have? Is the Catalytic converter flowing well, and or entire exhaust system.

5

i have not yet check the fuel pressure what reading should i be looking at. i just never brought the car in to a shop as this would cost me an arm and a leg.I just been going through my repair book. so I'll try the fuel pressure for now and also the cat.....hope this will help...appreciate your input....better than any shop here as they won't give me an answer.

6,355

would say around 38 psi, could also be the fuel pressure regulator just a few suggestions good luck and let me know what you find.

275

id recommend a full basic tune up like oil change air filter check your intake, head and exhaust gaskets also i own a 95 n/a talon and when i dnt drive it for a few days mine also cuts out you may be running the wrong kind of plug wires only saying this cause the wires on my car right now was on a 420a turbo car and it cuts out bad untill it warms ups good luck man

5

cam angle sensor.

5

it was my Walbro fuel pump. was not pump much in to the engine replaced and working. thanks for all the help guys