Changed oil pump, now car won't start.

Asked by Sep 11, 2011 at 09:02 PM about the 1990 Dodge Shadow 4 Dr ES Hatchback

Hello all. I just changed the oil pump on my car. Now it will not start. I have spark and seem to be getting fuel. I did prime the pump when I installed it. Is there something electrical that I might have tripped in the bottom end of the motor? I did NOT diconnect the battery while doing this.

505

It sounds as though you are 180 deg out of faze. Not normal on a Dodge product , but it happens.Also check your timing belt, it could have skipped a tooth.