IS MY ENGINE A LAWNMOWER NOW?

Asked by Sep 09, 2013 at 11:30 PM about the 1992 Dodge Shadow 2 Dr America Hatchback

I drove my 92 Dodge Shadow America (yeah, I know) and today there was a pop near
what felt like the under side of the car, near my feet almost.  Then, the car started
making a much louder noise than it usually does.  Literally, as loud as a push motor
times like 3.  I have this feeling that something is blown, just needed some help figuring
out what???

28,405

It is possible your exhaust now has a hole it causing it to be louder. The catalytic converter may have been clogged and popped, or even the flex joint since your car is front wheel drive if there is a bad motor mount it can cause the flex joint to break.