How can I replace old clogged grease fittings on my 30 Ford


Asked by Dec 01, 2015 at 08:06 PM about the 1930 Ford Model A Coupe

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

While greasing the fitting on my 30 Ford I encountered problems with the rear
brake actuator arms fittings being clogged with years of dirt and hard grease
so I could not get any grease into the fitting.  The fittings are located between
the rear brake drum and the wishbone.  The are the direct flow pressed in
type fitting.  How can I remove and replace these fittings?

3 Answers


If you can heat the fittings up you might be able to push out the old. hard grease with new grease.


I want to replace the grease fittings with the newer type zirk fittings in addition to lubricating the part. The old type fitting allowed dirt and water to get into the orifice the zirk fitting have a ball and spring check valve.

1 people found this helpful.

To install new zerks you will have to drill and tap a hole. Make sure you don't get metal filings in the fitting.

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:

Model A

Looking for a Used Model A in your area?

CarGurus has 162 nationwide Model A listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Ford Model A Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Tom Demyan
  • #3
View All

Used Cars For Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.