How much weight is actually being pulled if a car weighs 4000 pounds assuming all tires are properly inflated

Asked by Jul 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM about the 1989 Volkswagen Vanagon Carat Passenger Van

24,425

To me it sounds like one of the trick questions in school. I however will take a guess assuming I am understanding what your asking, and say the weight is the same but yor resistance may have changed. Now your VW's towing specs should be listed online.

Understanding Gross Vehicle Weight Rating Knowing and understanding GVWR is important to towing because it tells you explicitly the maximum weight of passengers and cargo you can safely carry in your truck or SUV. GVWR is the total combined weight of truck and trailer, including all passengers, fuel, fluids and cargo. GVWR is constant and does not change, regardless of what you tow. It’s engineered in when the vehicle is manufactured.

Your GVW should be printed on the info label by your VIN~

a cartoon~

the label~