My VW 1984 is running slow and having problems going up hill is there anything I can do

Asked by Jun 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM about the 1984 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper Passenger Van

66,475

If there is any skip,s change plugs and wires,if there is no skip may be clooged fuel filter or fuel pump going bad.

195

I've got a 1983 air cooled vanagon and they are slow going up hills you can put a Porsche flat 6 motor in it ,but I like it all origina andl I'm not in a hurry ,50 mph up hill is good for me

wants to bog down when you give it gas??? I had this problem on a new rebuilt engine so I was completely lost. Good news....it was the catalytic converter. simple test: take it and the muffler off and go for a drive..... steve