I'm having a of a transmission problem, when I turn on the car it runs fine for a while then drops gears all of a sudden, I shut the car off & turn it back on & the cycle begins..

10

Asked by Sep 02, 2014 at 11:38 PM about the 1991 Dodge Dynasty 4 Dr LE Sedan

I had the transmission rebuilt 2 years ago &
I'm just barely experiencing this problem. .

35,645

#1) Check your transmission fluid level. #2) There's a computer that controls the transmission. Have that checked.

10

How can I check the control? & also its making a whining noise.. it comes & goes..

35,645

Your transmission is probably on its last legs. Start saving money for a replacement. I would be sceptical about a fluid and filter change.