Why does my back air bags go up and my front do not

Asked by Jun 21, 2013 at 04:21 PM about the 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

6,755

Maybe your wheel-height sensors are not functioning properly or you could have a problem with your air ride computer. I own one of these cars... They're awesome but the ABS and air ride can be a real pain >_< I would check out the air ride sensors.. However, if you let the car sit overnight and the front of the car is sitting really low, its a leak somewhere.

25,315

I've changed a lot of air bags myself joef. They just get old. If you end up changing the fronts, you should do the rears too - it won't be long before they fail too since they're exposed to the same environment as the fronts. Great car BTW.

I'm dealing with the same problem but my release valve was stuck open Fixed that now the pump will not work so put a switch on the pump and by passed the computer great car