1989 allante

Asked by Sep 28, 2014 at 09:11 AM about the 1989 Cadillac Allante Base Convertible

Have a 1989 allante. Dash lights and headlights not working. Need some help
before bring the car to a auto shop

22,725

can you see your gauges at all? because it is a digital dashboard? if your digital dash has gone out (a common problem) you will need a good classic car mechanic- and it could get expensive- I have always liked the Allante but I would want one with the old fashioned analog gauges-

Did you check the fuses?

Fuses are good. Thanks for the help.

8,905

Are you located in Florida or New Jersey?

8,905

If you need the owners manual try here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360482134785?lpid=82 another option is here - http://www.books4cars.com/listings.php?findmake=Allante these may or may not be the best prices available. If you plan to keep your car - definitely buy the Shop Service Manual. Do not assume anyone will know all the very specialized details of a very limited production car and how to fix them,

Best Answer

Live in new Hampshire. The car was stored for 3 years. Before I got it. Want to keep the car. Have always wanted one.

8,905

Biggest issue on Allante's is that so few mechanics can understand them because they were such a limited production - over 20 years ago. Give John a call at 609-634-6518. he will tell you what you need to do.