why is their no heat in my car?

Asked by Jan 15, 2012 at 03:30 PM about the 1992 Dodge Shadow 4 Dr ES Hatchback

we replaced the blower motor and the blower motor resistor and it's not the problem. the fan doesn't blow but the car isn't over heating also replaced the thermostat. does anyone have any ideas.

805

Heater core

you probably got your answer long ago, but I had this problem in my 1991 dodge shadow convertible once. turned out the mechanic (at a dodge dealership!) installed the wrong belt, and looped it around the outside of the water pump pulley. that caused the water pump to turn backward, because the flat part of the belt (the outside) is supposed to turn that pulley. So I got enough heat at highway speeds, since the pump was turning fast enough to force coolant backward through the engine. But at stop lights, all heat disappeared.