How do I take my old touch screen out on my car?

10

Asked by Oct 29, 2013 at 05:24 AM about the 1988 Buick Reatta Coupe FWD

Bought a new touch screen, just had brakes and other things done to my car and spent
$460.00, bought this touch screen for $450, just don't have the money to send it in to fix.  
Can I do it myself?

7,695

I would tell you to first make sure the "touch screen" you just bought will work with the system in the 1988 Buick. My advice would be to first see if the "new" touch screen is compatible by calling or going online to "www.Crutchfields.com" who are experts in automotive wiring harnesses for all applications such as the touch screen. Then go to "www.Chiltons.com" and see if they explain how to "remove/reinstall" the old touch screen. With time and patience you probably could do it yourself, but don't be surprised if you need a few specialty tools to remove dash covers or vents.