Car cut off and sometimes over heats.

Asked by Dec 17, 2014 at 06:32 PM about the 1989 Ford Festiva L

I replace the head, water pump,
heating holes, radiator holes, belt,
and radiator. The car start up and
runs for 15-20mins and will shutoff
when accelerate the reservoir over
I need help!

Have you replaced the Thermostat?

Yes, the radiator top and bottom thermostat and temperature gauge.

problems I've experienced can be a simple air bubble in the system at the water pump that prevents the pump from moving the fluid through the system, or (if you have an electric fan or secondary fan) the relay will go bad and the fan won't turn on to give you the convection you need to cool the radiator. But, that only happens in the summer time.

I had of recommendation that it could be the fuel pump but after looking over the vehicle it wasn't the fuel pump..... so maybe electrical we change the distributor it was used the car was running a little bit better but it was still cut off also the intake canister was replays will used part and the fuel filter was replaced with a new one.