why does my air conditioner not work in my brand new Nissan Versa?

Asked by Jun 14, 2013 at 02:53 PM about the 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV

I bought my brand new Nissan Versa (2013) one month ago.  It just started getting warm recently and discovered the air conditioner does not work.  I called the lot where I purchased my car.  They said that it probably had no freon or needed a charge.  I took my car in thinking this was going to be a simple quick fix.  After waiting 2 + hours I asked them about it.  I proceeded to enter the area where the mechanic was working on my car which was taken apart and told by the mechanic that he might need to remove my dashboard and probably would not get my car back until the next day.  I talked to the owner, the manager and was pissed.  I was sold this car that was broken in the first place, a car I am paying $435.00 a month for.  I believe I should get another car.  He told me I would have to pay   $5000 down.  I traded my Ford Escape in for the Nissan Versa.  I left there and have called the Nissan manufacturer who is supposed to call me back today.  Do I have a leg to stand on here?  Aren't I the customer and the one footing the bill for the car they sold me with a problem?

106,725

They are not going to give you a car. They are fixing the car you bought. New cars have a warranty and they are honoring their part of the contract that you signed. --- If the car is in the shop many times, you may be able to get a refund by using the Lemon Laws. Keep track of everything that happens.

28,235

Uh oh...Hate to be the one to tell you this, but the Nissan Versa seems to have reliability issues and scores low in terms of owner satisfaction according to Consumer Reports. (Also, how is it that you are paying $435.00/month when you factor in your trade-in AND that the car is in the $11k-$16k price range?). It's a shame you didn't get a used Nissan Sentra or used Ford Escape instead...for some reason, Nissan screwed up with the Versa (I'd seek out a Lemon Lawyer, If I were you). Anyway, here's the info. on the car from Consumer Reports: Highs: Fuel economy, rear seat, trunk. --- Lows: Agility, engine noise, front-seat comfort, fit and finish, reliability. --- Nissan's subcompact Versa sedan is disappointing, with a noisy and cheap interior. The car drones as it gathers speed, and the continuously variable transmission accentuates engine noise. Handling, though secure, lacks agility. The ride is compliant but jumpy. To its credit, the rear cabin is relatively roomy and fuel economy is commendable at 32 mpg overall. The redesigned hatchback, called the Versa Note, arrives this summer starting at $13,990. First-year reliability of the sedan has been well below average.

It's very important to do what tenspeed said..document everything. And Racer has a good question: $435 a month? That's fine if you financed it for 36 months..otherwise something is wrong in paradise here. If you have decent credit, should be paying about , oh, 5% to 6% interest. Tops. Real good credit 4%. I don't know what State you are in but California has some pretty good lemon laws. But to repeat, document everything. It could come to a point that you do get another car, or your money back, but you have to give them a chance to fix it first. I don't blame you for being pissed. If I bought a new car I sure would not want it ripped apart.

I had a sam e problem, my two-week- old escapade has an account problem and now its not working. Is there a possibility they will going to replace it? What is the best thing I can do? Please need an advice. Thanks

20

Well, I'm here trying to find troublshooting advice for my air conditioner on my 2007 Nissan Versa. But Im troubled by what Racer X said about their reliability. Your 2013 is still the same generation as my 2007 Versa. Yes, my air conditioner just quit working, this week. But aside from that, this has been the most reliable car that I've ever owned. I bought it from the original owner, who told me the same thing about it. Idk what Consumer Reports is talking about. My reliability experience has been excellent, with this car. I see that this thread is a couple of years old, so I hope that this has already been resolved, for you. But if it hasn't, please note, that even the most reliable models have the occasional lemon. These are cars that, for whatever reason, are blemished in some way, because they just weren't assembled correctly @ its manufacturing facility. This is usually due to some kind of human error. Hopefully, this problem was fixed, & that was it. But if you have repeated problems, whether related, or not, it may qualify as a lemon, in which case, you may be able to qualify it as a lemon. Good luck!

20

I have a 2015 Nissan versa S.L I've had it from 36,000 miles now at 60,000. No problems. I maintain it regularly, low is don't have alot of power... lol its been amazing on gas. 30-33 in town and 38-42 on freeway. I disagree or at least the newer models have been better. Only problem I've ran into is my battery almost died and when I tried to start it now my stereo won't work. Lights do but apparently I need a code cause anti theft. Waiting on deal to call me back. Last resort is a hard reset by un connecting battery, but dealer said this could lock my car up on another anti theft system so I'm waiting.

20

Nissan dealer said the factory said there's no code. Wtf

10

That's because it's low milages you just wait

10

I have a 2015 versa turn on fan it over heats added freon and still no cold air . Check the coolent it's good 84 k miles out of warranty in Phoenix need air ugh help