Did Ford make a Talladega Special Thunderbird?

65

Asked by Jun 26, 2014 at 06:04 AM about the 1985 Ford Thunderbird Turbo

A friend and I were planning on parting out this car, but we want to find out more
information about it first. It is a 1985 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with a five speed
manual transmission. It says Talladega Special on the sides and on the trunk. After
searching online for hours I cannot find anything online about this car besides one other
forum saying that they exist (and only one other picture of one), but it offered almost no
other valuable information.  If I could get some help in trying to figure out if the car is
real (not just something someone slapped decals on and tried to pass off as something
special) it would be greatly appreciated.  I have already tried to reverse search the vin
number but to no avail. it says that the car should be a 2.3 turbo coupe with a manual
trans.  the color code comes back as oxford white, but other than that there is really
not a lot else I can find on the car. It is possible that I'm not looking for the right things
though as I am not totally sure what to look for. We are trying to figure out if it is worth
saving or parting.  The car has extensive rust on the body, the trunk is rusted out, both
shock towers need replaced, the upper and lower radiator supports both need replaced,
and the turbo needs rebuilt.  Basically the only thing going for this car is the interior on
it is immaculate with only two very small cracks in the dash, and the body itself doesn't
appear to have ever been involved in an accident.  I will post as many pictures as
possible. If more are needed let me know and I'll try to get them as soon as possible.

65

Passenger side of the car.

65

Back of the car.

65

Front clip.

241,325

Sounds like the body is roached out. I don't think it's worth anything special as I couldn't find anything either. I think your right in parting out what is salvageable.

My dad used to own this car. We live in Bloomington, IL. Where is this car now?! Please contact me adamc_408@yahoo.com or phone 309- 275-5596. My name is Adam