Toyota truck '88 no blinkers, lights, washers

Asked by Sep 12, 2013 at 08:17 PM about the 1988 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

I had a friend using my Toyota pick up 1988, and when I got it back, I took it for a
wash. When I tried the washers, they did not go.  Then I tried the turn signals, and
could not hear anything or see any lights.  Then, the headlights. I suspect the brake
lights do not work, either.  I could have gotten a ticket or pulled over.  I am surprised
the "friend" did not mention any of this to me. Unless washing it could short something
out?  What is my easiest and cheapest solution? I am a lady who does not know a lot.

I am not a mechanic, but I have an 88 Toyota pickup 4 wheel drive 5 speed that I have went through front to back and I've learned a lot along the way talking to other Toyota min the problem you could be experiencing is a a ground wire or relay what i did in a similar situation is I want to salvage yard in for $3 apiece I bought every relay that I thought I needed for that circuit and fix my problem I don't know which one relay was bad but I change them all

I solve the problem, as I just needed a fuse, and the wiper problem was because I forgot how it worked, as it is different from my other vehicle, and the lights are ok, too. No more worries. Karen