I have a 1988 nissan 300zx and I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio.

Asked by Apr 08, 2013 at 11:32 AM about the 1988 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr GS 2+2

I have a 1988 nissan 300zx and I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio. I bought the wiring harness and it has two
plugs to it (when I say plugs I mean where all the wires come together into the plastic part.) anyway, I took my stock
radio out and it only had one of those "plugs". But for the harness to work, I need two. I'm at a total loss because I
can't seem to find my other "plug", the one that should control the rear speakers. I have spent upwards of 8 hours
trying to do this. I purchased 4 different harnesses from 4 different places and all look the same so I'm concluding
that my car is f***ed up. If there is any help anyone could give me it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a chart that has the insulation colors. You can check the wires coming out of your stock radio and see which ones go to the speakers. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1602.html

You will have to run new ground wires to either the front or rear your choice. These Zs use a common ground on the stock radios.

After now three days, I found out that my car has an amp underneath the passenger seat. I called up bestbuy and they said they would install it for me for $40 as apposed to what someone else was going to charge $300. I'm sure it's easy to do myself now that I know about the amp. But I'm just so damn frustrated with the stereo, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. Thanks though.