Hood and roof painting

Asked by Jan 29, 2010 at 09:21 AM about the 1999 Dodge Avenger 2 Dr STD Coupe

I moved here from Dayton, OH and my car is beginning to loose its paint job.  I need to have the hood and the roof repainted.  Can you help me?  How much would it cost, how long would I have to rent a car?
would it have to be completely painted or just the areas I have mentioned?
Please get back with me ASAP
Sonja
dreamsandexpectations@yahoo.com

95

If it's a black car, welcome to the world where so many have been. I recently had my black 96 repainted, but I managed to find the right place and they did a quality job for $1341. This was for the whole visible exterior - hood, fenders, trunk lid, roof, doors, quarter panels and bumpers. Go to various body shops (probably not dealers - they tend to be expensive) and shop around for prices. It's up to you if you just get the hood and roof repainted or do the whole thing - it really depends on how long you want to keep the thing. Once some of the paint starts going though, the rest is usually not far behind.

175

you will need to paint the whole car. if you paint just the affected areas then the parts you don't paint will look faded and bad. Indy Red (aka Radiant Fire Red) is the most expensive color used on the avenger. where a black paint job will cost about $1,500 Indy Red will cost close to $2,100. if you want to go cheap, buy Duli-color paint and clear coat and paint it yourself (problem area's) it won't be as good as a paint shop, but it will be a lot better than it it is now, for a lot less money.

15

your car will need to sand it down the whole car and then apply primer,primer surfacer,then final apply new paint ...the amount will depend on the size of your car and labour,plus shop supplies use to work on your car and will give you the estimate cost for you before you are ready to take it down to autobody shop....Good luck.. from Dave..