no start but cranks

Asked by May 30, 2016 at 11:01 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr Highline Sedan

I have a 2000 neon it died suddenly
and the check engine light came on
and now it cranks but it won't start
there is spark also

251,505

Scan for the engine codes and post the 4 digit code or codes back here.

P 0340 crank sensor I put a new one on It wants to start but it's not combusting

Turn the ignition to the on position then off position 3 times and if there's a code it will pop up where the odometer mileage is located. There are 2 sensors that I had the same problem with on myour 2005 neon. Crankshaft and camshaft. I replaced one and within a week or so the other went out. Also it could be the piggyback connection to the sensor itself. Changed that and haven't had a problem since. Now it's an overheating issue I'm having to deal with and I've done everything you can possibly think of when it comes to the cooling system, except checking the trani-cooler line. I've been told so many different things and have tried them all and still overheating. I'm so frustrated and can't afford a new car. HELP!!!

What is the piggyback connection? My neon is doing the same thing. As far as the overheating I just check the water in the reservoir every time I get in it and check the antifreeze mixture from the radiator every few days. It's a pain but it keeps it from overheating and causing you to fail on th road.

My neon overheated, changed everything except the temp sensor, so changed the temp sensor, no more overheating. good luck.

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon it cranks but won't start what could be the problem