Hyundai

Asked by Feb 05, 2019 at 12:30 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Coupe

Is a 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo a good car
or own that should be not on my list to
purchase? I have heard both very good and
some bad things about it and really just am
not sure...It looks really nice and I’ve heard
you don’t really sacrifice performance or style
with it, and I’m looking for a hot hatch car
that can get good mpg, and I thought this
could be it

10

I recommend you test drive the car. I know people who have never had a problem with their 2013 and then there are others like me who have had some problems and others who have had lots of problems. Most common issues: Quirky handling - the damping and rebound on the shocks of this car is not quite right and as a result, the car is very 'nervous' on corners with uneven surface. there are things you can do to minimize or even remove the quirkiness (add an anti-sway-type device and change the shocks (to coil-overs or Konis) Some 2013's had issues with their ECU's programming and as a result, when there were low-revs with high load, the engines blew. this was partly timing issues, causing early detonation issues. I personally have not had the issue yet but have had others. The carbon canisters in these cars had a recall, which allegedly cause the car to have an uneven power output. Also, full lines that kinked and aided in that poor non-linear power delivery. Some people had these replaced under warranty, others not so lucky. For some 2013s, the rear hatch unlocking mechanism was wonky. A known issue usually replaced under warranty. Personally, I've had the following issues: Slave cylinder broke in half, was replaced under warranty Sunroof strap (which opens and closes it) snapped, whole sunroof replaced under warranty Infotainment unit failed it was replaced under warranty The shiny cones on my speakers have come lose over time, I just glued them back on I have tons of rattles that drive me crazy. One of my spark plugs created a problem and broke the valve-cover gasket. They replaced the gaskets under warranty, spark plugs are a wear items so they did not replace them. This also caused one of the coils to fry so they replaced it under warranty as well. It would appear that either my clutch or motor mount is gone now at 105000 km. I think it is a MM as the clutch does not slip under power. Hope so as I can get all three MM's for about $260 CDN as opposed to the clutch which would be over $1200 to replace.