Journey won't start

Asked by Aug 13, 2016 at 09:39 PM about the 2013 Dodge Journey SXT

So tonight I went to start my journey and  it won't
start. It has plenty of power and you can hear the
click when you press the push button with foot on
break. Any thoughts?

50

I just had the same problem and it ended up being my battery. It was enough power to turn on the lights raido and everything except to start it. It was a pain in the butt to change it, but at least it's working.

90

Same thing happened to me this morning! All the lights inside & out worked, it locked and unlocked with no prob, just won't kick over. Wondered if it was the battery.

160

turn on , depress brake and shift to N, turn key and car will start

Joe you are amazing

110

Joe where is the entry to turn key? I have a 2013 and cannot find any entry. My car was fine all day no slow start then come out to head home and battery had juice like everyone says but wouldn't kick over. Mechanic said it could be the battery but aaa tried to jump it and still nothing. I'm scared of what it could be and I'm a struggling single mom. Please any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance

40

turn on how?!?! and nuetral?

20

to those who do not know how to "turn it on" to put the vehicle in Neutral - turn key to "on" position. should be able to move the gear.

30

Joe is correct its not a battery issue for those still lost. Its has to do with the security system which has been an on going problem with dodge chrysler. I'm sure they are very aware of the issue but refusing to make the proper adjustments to fix it. But any ways turn the car to the on position do not attempt to crank just press the brake move shifter to to Neutral "N" Do not remove your foot off the brake the car might roll lol. But finish turning the key over an there you go your car will crank.

110

What if you have a button starter. No key entry to turn it on! I have a 2013 and cabot get it to start

20

Second time in one week Always stranded with dodge Journey 2009! it does work with the on position.

120

I have a Dodge Journey 2015 push to start and it won't start why

50

Any solutions to this problem? I have a 2015 Journey so I have a push button and not a regular key. Has anyone found out what the issue might be?

20

Thank you Joe AND Larry. Your tricked worked. Just to clarify the "On" mode Joe and Larry mention is actually the "Run" mode in my 2013 Journey Crew 3.6L V6. Push the start/stop button twice to get into Run mode. Both times I have been unable to start engine I tried to start the engine without the FOB within range. At that point I think the engine goes into some kind of anti-theft mode as Larry mentioned.

10

It works thanks guys

10

Thank you !!!!!! Waiting roadside found this comment and bingo. Now I am on the road. I cannot believe it. So glad I didn't have to pay for a tow or a shop charge. Note in my 2010 Journey I turned to "ON' position and pressed on brake (which it wouldn't go down) tried to shift to neutral but it wouldn't allow it to slide out). Still worked by going through the motions. Turned over like it should have.SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS POST!!

I purchased a 2014 used Dodge Journey in April. Out of the first 134 days I had it, it was in the shop 66 days and at my home 68 days. The battery kept going dead if not started or driven for 36 hours. The problem was traced to the electric tail gate lock, and the CD player, both are tied into each other. When those 2 Items were replaced my problem ended

10

This worked for my 2016 keyless journey. It must have been in some kind ok security or lock down mode because the brake would not depress and the engine would not start and i could not shift it out of park. To clarify the instructions: 1. With brake not depressed, press start button until it is in the run position. 2. Then depress brake 3. Then gear shift should release, put it in nueyral. 4. Then push start button. Voila! It should turn over!!

10

Its my third time with this problem every time different solution first time i just move to N then to P and it start 2nd time i jumped the car and today my 3rd during night time after trying every possible solution i hit the starter and it worked.

20

I ha e a 2012 Dodge Journey this is the second time wr have had this problem. The first time wr had to repmace the battery. That was 2 months ago. Now it is doing it again. There is no where to out a key and it wont switch overr to on or run position at all for us tot try to put it into nuetral. The first time the entire dashboard, radio, and interior lights went nuts. This time we get no response at all.

20

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey this is the second time wr have had this problem. The first time wr had to repmace the battery. That was 2 months ago. Now it is doing it again. There is no where to out a key and it wont switch overr to on or run position at all for us tot try to put it into nuetral. The first time the entire dashboard, radio, and interior lights went nuts. This time we get no response at all.

I have had this happen 4 times now! 1st time tow truck driver got it in neutral and jumped it......no problems for a month. 2nd time was told battery needs replaced. Did that. 2 months later dealership told me that ingnition needed replacing. Did that. Yesterday tried every "trick" and then it made a strange noise and NOTHING. Towed to dealership to be told battery dead, yet won't address the initial issue of not starting and saying key not detected. Selling this vehicle this week. I am over it!

I have a Dodge Journey 2015. I purchase the truck last year. The first year Cherry didn't give me any problems except one little small problem and that was the cd player. It decided to stop working for a little while. But its work now, my problem is now my truck locks and unlocks its self now and every morning for the last two days it won't start i have to get a jump. I don't know what is the going on with my truck.Can someone tell me what is the problem?

10

How do you remove the push start button on a 2013 Dodge Journey?