What is wrong with my air fan?

5

Asked by Jan 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM about the 1985 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD

It worked when i went to work this
morning. It was raining if that makes
a difference. I went to lunch and now
it wont blow any air at all. Hot or
cold. When i switch from face to
demist or defrost i can hear the air
lines switching but no air will blow
when its turned up. Any suggestions?

Start by checking fuse

Best Answer
5

Thanks will do! When it quits raining. Lol

If that's not it, if the fuse is OK, come on back here please and we will figure it out

5

Im not sure yet but i did test my fuses. I have one 10 amp fuse out, 2 20 amp fuses out and a 75 amp fuse out. I have the 10s and 20s replacements but not a 75. Could the 75 be the "problem child" for the air fan? Also, my antenna wire is in the back of my radio but will not transmit sound. Is this also due to a blown fuse? Thank you very much for your time.

2,285

more than likely

If you have new fuses, put them in even if the old ones apparently look ok, sometimes they don't show obvious signs of being blown...and do not put a bigger amperage one in. The 75 ..it it a fuse or breaker?

5

The 75 is a fuse. I replaced all the blown fuses but the 75. Only one fuses, (10a) was visually blown. The others looked fine but i replaced them anyway.

OK hopefully it will hold and problem solved. I.m looking at some stiff to see what that 75 is for....

98,125

Hopefully your HVAC blower is working. If it is not, check for power at the connection. Most likely cause is short blower motor brushes. You would need a new motor. ---- When you check fuses, you put a meter on the load side of the fuse to check for power. You don't replace them all. That's a unnecessary expense. The 75 amp fuse feeds several smaller fuses. If it was blown, you would have a major problem and many things would not work.

45

open the fuse box under the driver side foot well right hand side.. then remove the outer casing remove the fuse box.. there are 4 relay behind the fuse box.. replace them... ... test the voltage from your alternator.. if it is more than 14.2 your power regulator is faulty,, very common with 300zx..