2013 Chevrolet corvette 3LT has to be jump start every 3 days because it want start on its on

20

Asked by Feb 07, 2015 at 03:51 PM about the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT

I Have had my corvette in the shop 4 times for this cause. The dealership don't know why
it is doing that? Please help so I can stop pulling my hair out.

44,315

Have the battery load tested. Battery as cause must be eliminated first.

20

From what the mechanic at the chevrolet dealership told me that the battery is good..

44,315

Automatic or 6 spd manual?

Best Answer
20

6 speed

44,315

They need to test for a parasitic current draw from the battery while the car is off. It is possible it could be a bad BCM (body control module) but more testing is needed. Lots of good information over at the corvette forums.

20

Thanks for the information, I will let them know to check the BCM. I will have it towed Monday. Again thanks.

8,030

If you are saying that the car is operating, "wants to start on its own" When you have the thing shut off, It would help to disconnect power. Refuse to pick it up until a satisfactory solution is found. Demonstrate the concern for the service manager and ask questions when leaving it with them.

20

It want start unless we jump it.

44,315

Excuse Dannyl, sometimes he doesn't read about the issue posted. ;)

8,030

When in the course of communicating, it becomes necessary to clarify the "language" in use. Using words that are improper verb tense, and double meaning as well as multiple usage can confuse the reader as well as the writer. The letters are so far from one another on a keyboard, this is evidently intentional. Now you must excuse whom? I thank the writer for reitterating, because he has clarified he did not mean to say the vehicle is trying to start or turn itself on, but merely has discharged its battery. If he has it disconnected, he can prevent potential hazards and save the time of repeatedly servicing the battery. If he actually meant the vehicle's circuits were in obvious mode to function when it was shut off, he could note what parts were lighting or making sounds for the service manager. I hope this clarifies the suggestion for you, as the previous entries can be considered unintelligible by those who use the english language as their first language.

44,315

I had no problem interpreting what the original poster was saying, but I own a similar Corvette so I know something about his problem.

20

Bob, Thanks again for the information you provided. /r

8,030

That's helpful, I noticed 4 attempts at the shop had not produced positive results. I also noticed a linguistic dysfunction. I trust my attempts at steering clear of the vernacular would help the person define the vehicle concern in a way the technician could interpret this time. Knowing the customer does not want to pick it up until it is found and fixed always motivated the corvette specialists I worked with at GM. Being right on the other side of a bookcase from their working stalls, I heard their concerns and attempts at satisfying the manufacturer as well as the customer. The 'vette repairs were given to any tech at any time unless the problem was well communicated and demonstrated to be valid and viable. The ones I worked on had troubles with simple things but the way the car was made, it made everything unusual and difficult. We had to fix them anyway. There seemed to always be a matter of interpretation before being able to translate to what we needed in the service manual. Hope they get enough info from him this time, he can ask them to read our correspondence perhaps?

You should have the dealership reprogram the radio.the security system is not shutting down backup sensors.I had the same problem.

20

Good morning Tim, Thanks for the information. I will let the mechanic know.

44,315

Good advise Tim, that could also be the battery drain. Thank goodness my 2006 has never had a problem.

13,095

In the mean time, a battery trickler may keep you from having to jump start the cars. The new computer cars can be damaged by jump starting them, unless that issue has been corrected. The older Corvettes always took a chance of blowing the diodes in the alternators when jump started. As the computer generation came on board, the electronic components sometime would get fried on jump starts. So hooking a battery trickle charger up is a great idea to keep more issues from popping up. The newer cars have timers to turn off lights, radios, and other electronic dash gadgets. One of them could be bad and allowing a continual draw. The dealer could be able to tell is there is such a draw and go from there to isolate it. If the dealership can't seem to fix it, give GM customer service a call. Not the one at the dealership, but the big girl's company. They have always been very helpful to the many that are calling. Sometimes even the dealershi8p has called for me on a reoccurring issue that could not be isolated.

20

As of last Friday I was told that they are going to get in contact with GM. They are scratching their heads trying to figure out what is causing the problem. Thanks for your feedback.

13,095

Good luck. I have throughout the years always had good results from most of the GM dealers in trying to fix a problem. I had issues with one, and later GM revoked their dealership. Let us know what happens.

20

Good morning, I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.