What is the height from ground to top of wheel opening on an 05 thunderbird ?

Asked by Jan 29, 2013 at 06:28 PM about the 2005 Ford Thunderbird 50th Anniversary Edition

Do you own a tape measure? If not buy or borrow one

I do own several tape measures David. I very humbly ask the question because I suspect my Thunderbird has lowering springs and was trying to check out the measures of a stock one to make sure, I'm sorry if I ask something that upset your day.

My apologies, sincerely. I do get frustrated with some of the questions; My car won't start" like that.. Again, sorry for the smart ass response, i regret it..David

Go to Info.com - Click on images - type in your year and model - compare the gap above the tires with what you have. It's a eight year old car and the original springs could be sagging. Store it up on jack stands to take the load off the springs when you're not driving it.

From the pictures I just saw, the car could use some lowering. There was a gap of at least two inches between the top of the tire and the edge of the fender. I did find a lowering spring kit for it made by H&R. Look for a black spring with H&R in white. A few coils down would be a part number. http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-03-05- Ford-Thunderbird-V8-Sport-Lowering-Springs-/200877887834? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec541515a&vxp=mtr

Thanks tenspeed. I'll check that. Appreciate the help. H&R said the true measurement would be from the center of the wheel to the edge of the wheel opening. Was hoping someone had a stock 05 so I can compare to mine understanding there could be a small difference because of wear, etc. Thanks again Dan