01 Dodge Caravan Stalls wont really run

20

Asked by Oct 22, 2013 at 08:06 PM about the 2001 Dodge Caravan SE

The van will turn over start and i have to pump the gas to keep it going. It will idle once
then after i turn it off it wont. it wont rev over 4k. no error codes(i have had some error
codes at one time) but the battery does die every time you let it sit for a few days. it spits
like a small amount of sludge out of the exhaust. on first start up theres a little white
smoke. hesitates on throttle. i cant figure it out.

you can figure it out....align the main pulley at TDC...check the alignment of the cam and crank....HEY there are like four different engines...may have a CHAIN...not a belt...you gotta tell~~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caravan#Engines_2

20

2001–2007 3.3 L EGA V6, 180 hp (130 kW) at 5000 rpm and 210 lb·ft (280 N·m) at 4000 rpm

9,035

does it have an egr valve on it? If so, start it and see if the tube that goes to the top of the intake gets hot right away. be careful not to burn yourself as it will get hot in a hurry, if valve is stuck open....

30

I just recently had this issue. Have you resolved this? I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I did have error codes for the MAP sensor that we replaced and the throttle position sensor that we're replacing tomorrow hoping that it'll work since the MAP sensor didn't make a difference.

assure there are Solid 12.5 volts available at the ground because the starter "welds" the dis-similar metals creating corrosion...making this connection unreliable...combined with a battery that's older than five can spell disaster...and all that is needed to fix this is to disassemble and wirebrush the connection points to be able to pull steady ground to all the accessories too~

https://www.google.com/#q=dodge+3.3+L+EGA+V6+timing+chain&tbm=sho p

9,035

was it a tps does not agree with map code? if so repl. tps

I have a 2001 dodge caravan and I need to replace the exhaust manifold can I replace it with a 1999 modle

I have an 03 gran caravan,I had the exact problem. I was driving and stopped to eat and then it wouldn't start..after messing with plugs and wires it started so I got about 30 yards sputtering ,back fires and just stalled. Long story short I replaced plugs and wires wich did nothing ..same ..so then I noticed the power steering resevoir leaked on the coil pack wires that go to fuel injectors and there it was..the insulation on wires was melted at best, causing arc . Replaced the wire harness and my 2003 gran caravan with235866 miles runs like a champ!!!

10

Transmition input speed sensor!! Mechanic wanted 1800$ to fix this same problem my friend mechanic replaced that for 17.99$ and running like a jem!!!

Do a hard reset on comp. Turn key to acc. Then disconnect pos battery cable, touch it 3 times to the battery post, then reconnect it and start it, let idle for a min, then drive it normally, had same problem every time battery dies,