Flashers and turn signals not working at all!

20

Asked by Aug 25, 2012 at 01:35 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid ES

My turns signal would work and then stop while drivind in the middle of a turn. Decided to replace flasher relay under steering column used part from NAPA flasher # ep-27. Worked fine when i plugged new one in for a few seconds then tried flashers and then nothing worked? Removed new relay and plugged back in a few times and even plugged back into old one that was working intermittently still not working. The 10 amp fuse is good so im stumped. Could one of the wires from back of plug come lose and if so how can i correct this ? Thanks for any help
john

25

I would check wiring or combination switch on steering column.

1,525

I'd check the flasher, not the switch but the little plug in box that makes the lights flash.

20

found another 20 amp fuse that blew out. The relay i brought keeps blowing out so its the relay that is causing the problem.

80

I'm having the exact same issue - signal would blink once or twice. I swapped w/ NAPA EP-27 and the turn signals work. Then I tested flashers and they didn't work and the turn signals wouldn't even work after that... Did you ever figure out the issue?

50

Ok so I change the relay black Iil box fuse under dash by break pedal.. Ok it worked till I pushed the emergency flashers. . Then it burnt out again .can anyone explain what's gone on plz .. iv been dealing with this a month now . An i can't afford to bring to dealer

10

My 97 intrepid had blinker issue.......I traced a foot long of bad wire to cut and fix problem,..than starter, waterpump, fuel pump, axel, shocks, the list goes on 220,000 and she wont die most parts I got from junk yard.

I changed my dual turn signal/hazards switch and they still not working on my 99 Intrepid HELP