Im having transmission problems with my 2004 Honda odyssey. What is wrong with my van? Please help!!!!!!!!

160

Asked by Feb 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM about the 2004 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ DVD

The second and third gear have a
hard time going in but once the
engine warms up and the check
engine light comes on and another
light comes on. the gears completely
stop shifting but if I disconet the
battery for five minutes and
reconnected the tears will start to
work againg.

2,085

if you could bring it to a parts store that does free cpu scans or if you have a friend with a scanner, the engine code would give me a good idea where to start. when your service engine light comes on and stops the transmission from shifting it is usually a safe mode to prevent transmission damage. it may be a shift solenoid going. does your reverse and 1st gear still function normally when its cold? and what does your transmission fluid look and smell like? is it black and does it smell burnt?. also try shifting manually to see if that makes a difference and have you ever had a transmission service? as in new transmission fluid and filter?

2,085

remember always check transmission fluid with engine warm and idleing in park

160

The transmission works fine when car is cold. It's starts to act up once the check engine lights comes and the other otherlight I think it reads TC some thing. When I disconnect the battery for five minutes and reconnected the transmission works fine until the lights come on againg.

2,085

TCS?

2,085

your TCS light indicates a problem with the transmission which in return is more then likely kicking on your service engine light. does you D symbol flash?

2,085

do you notice any change in your engine running wise when the light comes on? chugging, stumbling stalling or misfiring

160

no the D light doesn't flash. Do you think it could be the solenoid? The shifting solenoid

160

Yes the engine trembles. The engine shakes.

2,085

if it was the shifting solenoid it would not make your engine stumble

160

So what do you think it might be? Transmission? Computer? Just throwing a few guesses

2,085

im starting to wonder if your torque converter is going bad. when you come to a stop does your van want to die?

2,085

when it drives normal that is

160

No the engine it's fine except when the lights come on it starts to shake a bit.

2,085

im trying to be as helpful as i can i do know they had a problem with the pressure switches... btw if you dont feel like getting out of your car try resetting the computer by doing the following. Key on, pedal down 5 sec, key off, pedal up, 2 mins before starting just a side not i thought of.... your best bet is to start with the engine and transmission codes.

2,085

whats your estimated mileage ?

160

145000 miles on it. Thank you for all your help. I'll get the codes as soon as I can

2,085

no problem best of luck and if you have any questions on where to start with engine codes dont be affraid to ask

80

Hey guys I'm having the exact same issue. Cel and TCS light. 1st time threw a p0740....reset it drove fine for 8 miles cold again...then acted up threw a p0730.... please tell me it's not the tyranny itself. I could live with a torque control converter ..

10

I am having the very same issues...did anyone here fix theirs ? If so, what did it end up being the cause / - Pressure sensors, solenoid...

50

I have problem and my D Was blinking before stop shifting, the fluid smell like burn and same codes show up on the scanner , it drives fine when cold but when warm up the fluid star shooting out , please help

10

Any one every figure out what was causing the transmission to shut down after the vehicle warmed up? I just had the same problem. Mine only shows a P0730 code.