It will turn over but has no spark

120

Asked by Aug 09, 2015 at 05:21 PM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

610

What's up buddy?

610

Let me see if I remember!!! I did have a neon while ago and image crank sensor was bad

610

I also remember having no signal going to the injectors

120

But would that cause it not to not have spark? This is my first neon I know absolutely nothing about this car

120

With the crank sensor be enough to cause it to just leave me on the side of the freeway because it was running and it just shut off never started back up

610

Yes they will go bad without any warning. How do you know you don't have any spark?

120

Put screw driver in spark plug hole and just put in new crank sensor still no luck

120

Tomorrow I'm changing the camshaft sensor and going from there I'm going to change all the sensors the diagnostic said it was or could have been

610

Do you have a code reader? Will help to get trouble codes

610

Also make sure your timing belt didn't snapped open the oil cap and have someone crank and see if you see the camshaft move

120

Yeah had it hooked up to a code reader give me three different codes

120

One was crankshaft sensor camshaft sensor throttle position sensor MAP sensor and the other option is the one I fear the most timing belt

120

Thanks for your input krankenwagen2010 I can tell you know what you are talking about bro

610

If you got codes for crank , cam maybe you are off timing or maybe no distribution at all. Check the belt. Hope only jump a tooth if is the case. If is snapped this engine will damage valves :-(

10

A

I have 03 neon been going through all the same problems. Got bored one day and scrubbed and cleaned all grounds,put on new washers, checked all grounds and for any loose connections to anything. Fired right up after that . Hope this helps someone as it worked for me .