my 1999 dodge neon has no spark it will turn over but not fire i have changed the crank sensor coil pack ecm still nothing car will also turn over in any gear and will also keep turning over after key

Asked by May 24, 2014 at 05:59 PM about the 1999 Dodge Neon 4 Dr R/T Sedan

16,155

wow - that last part - "keep turning over after key" Does that go onto say : removed? If so ,you may need a Ghost Buster not d.i.y.

75

my car turns over but wont start what should I check? make and model is 1996 dodge neon

16,155

wow- I don't know where to start the list. Tell me what ( if anything) you have already checked and maybe that will let me know where to start the list.

108,855

Was you driving it and it just went dead? If so I suspect timing belt issue if you have not replaced it any time soon. Yours should have been changed at 105K. Oh and by the way that's an interference engine so if it did break or jump time you probably bent some valves. Do a compression check. Any cyl showing 0 psi will have bent valves.

16,155

let's hope it wasn't the belt! Please tell us if you have checked any basic stuff first. I would like to get a feel for your level of d.i.y. before sending you to places you may be unable to go.

50

2003 neon stopped running no spudder just died. no compression in 1&4 but 2,3 have cold at 2 cycles about 54psi. 150k on engine camshaft senser shows +5v(red) Good ground(Black) and +5v (grey). can't find crankshaft sensor. no spark! fuel pump comes on for 2-3 sec. fuel rail is squirting fuel. 13.2 ohms going to both coils. but no spark to and plug. just got car and had on order new timing belt kit with pump? but i have compression in two cylinders. any ideas????

130

Make 2002 dodge neon is turning over but know fire from the coil pack to start up my car

130

Make 2002 dodge neon is turning over but know fire from the coil pack to the spark plugs