What do I need to do to make the miss fire go away on My 2009 dodge ram truck after changing the plugs and coile?

Asked by Apr 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM about the 1981 Dodge RAM 150 Extended Cab Short Bed

Need help if u no what to do

19,715

Yes, I know what to do-take your truck to a good mechanic and cross his palms with silver- maybe some other Guru would like to take the time to go through the components in an ignition system with you-

105

Before taking the truck to a workshop I would double-check every single ignition wire for proper fit on both ends (spark plug & distributer) and the wires themserves for any damages, e.g. for marten nips. Sometimes damages to the ignition wires are very hard to identify. Therefore I' d replace all wires to be sure that they are not the problem. I had a similar problem with my Ford LTD Crown Victoria 5l-V8. After replacing all ignition wires the problem was gone - and I could not find any damage to the wires. If spark plugs, ignition coil and wires are ok, I would check the distributor resp. have it checked.