how to change the fuel pump on 1983 dodge Ram pickup with a 318 motor

Asked by Sep 16, 2016 at 07:13 PM about the 1983 Dodge RAM 150 Short Bed

I need to change my fuel pump

75

You are in luck! THIS JOB IS EASY! Front passenger side of the motor you will find it bolted to the block. You'll have two or three fuel line that hook to it. Unhook your lines. These are rubber hoses with hose clamps. Next remove the two bolts holding the pump to the block. Make sure the gasket comes off with it. If not get it all off if stuck. You're half way done! You need to know how many lines hook to it before going to the auto parts so that you can verify you are getting the right pump. The last one I bought 3 years ago cost me less than 30.00 I see now by looking on line that price is around 40.00 This is a very easy job to do and takes minimal tools. Took me about a half hour last time from beginning to end. It may take you a bit longer, but not much.