My car shakes when it's idling and the engine light is blinking on and offf

50

Asked by Nov 30, 2012 at 05:31 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX w/ Leather

I have a 2004 Honda Accord.  Over the last week, it has begun shaking when I stop the car.  It also seems as though the engine is pulling extra hard.  Just today, it began shaking harder while idling the the engine light blinks on and off when the car is stopped.  It stops blinking and remains on upon accleration from a complete stop.  I took it to a parts store and the codes indicated the Throttle Position Sensor and the Air Intake Sensor.  Does anyone know if these two sensors may correct the problem?  Please help!

170

sounds like a misfire ...plugs or wires

50

Thank you! One of the codes did reference a misfire, so hopefully it's as simple as plugs or wires.

175

Believe it or not, even just the oil level may be the problem, I had the same situation with my '07 Accord, and sure enough I was running low on oil because Honda's maintenance reminder has to be one of the worst systems put into any car. Still love my Honda though!

125

I have the same issue with my 03 Honda accord EX. however, last week here in florida, we had ice rain and my car completely froze over. Now that it has thawed and warmed up outside, the car vibrates when idle and the check engine light would blink. could mine be the same issue as above or is there a chance that the engine has a crack in it somewhere?

Well it's not plug wires, the accord does not have them, it has a cop system, also I got the flashing engine light to go away by making sure the fuse box was tight in the engine compartment, it was looses there is a few 10mm bolts holding it down, also I still have problems the taking off at speed in first gear I don't know the problem yet, but I am going to replace the power wire going to the fuse box and then to the starter, and then maybe the engine sensor one but always start whom the cheaper wire first :-)

270

I just took my Honda crv 2006 to the mechanic to replace the ECT and the Thermostat because of the code reading. Now it starts ok but shakes a lot when get to a red light or stop sign. Please HELP

290

Hello it jerry my car shake and the engine light blink and oil light come on to can you help me with that

300

I have a 2004 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl.Was driving then yellow engine light came on.Car then began to run sluggish ,like it was out of gas(but wasnt,car then died.When i try starting it it will idle rough with no acceleration and there is a rattling noise.

40

im having the same problem

40

Make sure 10 mm bolts are tight on under hood fuse box, also the power cable goes to the starter and the fuse box make sure the connection to on it tight and there is no acid in the cable itself, replace cable if there is acid or loose on the positive post on the battery they cost around 50 bucks online

20

My oil indicator light came my oil level is at 30 percent 2016 honda accord can i drive

did anyone find the problem???

10

I have a 2002 honda accord and I just replaced a battery now my car isles high when foot is on break and when in park it idles very high. Sounds like a motor scooter.. help help!