06 Dodge Status hard to get started in mornings but runs great after starting

Asked by Jun 29, 2015 at 04:48 PM about the 2006 Dodge Stratus R/T

My 06 Dodge Stratus 2.7L V6 has recently started giving me trouble starting. It seems
worse if it sits for the weekend without driving. It will turn over just fine but will sputter
a little bit sounding like it wants to start but takes a bit of turning over before it finally
starts.  Once it starts it runs fine. This morning it would not start. I kept turning it over
for quite some time and it would sputter like it wanted to start each time it just wouldn't
stay running. I pulled the intake and the plugs to see if I could see any issues but
nothing really struck me other than the plugs are worn pretty bad. And there seemed to
be a good bit a gas on the plugs. After putting it back together it started with no
problems. Could a sensor be causing this?

19,180

Check air filter and clean throttle body with throttle body cleaner spray also replace fuel filter if have not done so in a while. Add fuel injector cleaner to gas tank then take out on road and hit the passing gear a few times that will help clean the injectors and blow out the carbon build up. Be careful no speeding tickets.