I have a 2006 charger R/T Daytona and dont know what other mods to get for it. Any suggestions???

Asked by Oct 27, 2012 at 02:55 AM about the 2006 Dodge Charger RT

455

Well, not really knowing what has been done I will assume its stock. Stock is still pretty stout street car, 390 ftlbs of torque ;) 1. Let it breath. Cool air induction, High Flow Air Fliter (K&N Type), 85 or 90 mm Throttle Body, Alum Throttle Body Spacer (this is where the torque is) 2. Force it to breath. SuperCharger (Edelbrock makes a very nice roots type. Turbo Charge (never been a big fan) If you have the bucks I would opt for SuperCharger. Turbo is nice but I would rather be blown. 3. Re-map the ECU .... aka CHIP IT. Several kits available. 4. Plug wires and coil upgrades to ensure you can light the fire. My choice for wires is always Taylor, Coil all about the same for the car. 5. Exhaust - Headers (scavenging type) High-flow Cats and good single stage mufflers. 3" or bigger, Bigger is better 6. Transmission shift kit, if shifter is on the floor opt for a reverse ratchet shifter (B&M) 7. Remote Oil filter, even Dual filters if you have the space. Use stainless braided hose, two very long pieces coil if have to. (On start up have oil filled to full line. Start car wait for Oil Pressure, if more than 30-45 seconds shut down, wait and retry. After you have oil pressure let it get warm, shut down and cool off., then check the oil level and add to full line. This is the extra oil that has been added to the system.) If you know how, pull the coil wire and crank until you have pressure, 30 seconds at a time. 8. Tires - depending on what you have planned. Drag, Mickey Thompson makes badass street/strip tires. Road/Mtns - a lower profile tire will make a huge difference in handling. Showin off - stock size or one size larger. Cheaper tires burn and smoke better with a higher rubber content. just some weekend project ideas. Keep in mind that with more power means more stress on the entire car. You could spend 1,000's on upgrades ie. u-joints, bushings, struts and shocks, brakes, solid body mounts, better cooling systems etc. The Magnum Motor is an awesome unit. Hyd Roller, larger oil journals and so one. Motor upgrades would be Alum heads, new camshaft. You can upgrade the rotating assembly, but your average upgrade is really not much better than the stock OEM part. have fun and if you decide on an option I would be more than happy to help. Best of luck to ya Mike

165

the mods you get depend on how much you want to spend or have to spend. Best power for around 6 grand is heads and cam package. Long Tube headers are a good way to go and open up the exhaust. If you don't want to drop more money on a full catback system, just do cutouts for an open header sound for 2/3 the cost. Tuning the heads and cam is another expense.

6,665

join a forum to get some suggestions. from what i can remember with my 300C there was really only one CAI that was worth while for these vehicles....AFE stage 2. The rest was a waste (and this is typically true for most cheap K&N CAI kits). Adding just a catback wont give you any gain worth while. You need to do a full exhaust with longtubes and mids combined with a nice catback to make it worth while. There are gimmick parts that give you zero gains (throttle body spacer is one of them so make sure you do your homework). I can't say my memory is spot on but I believe the 6.1L in the SRT model has some parts that can be swapped onto the 5.7L for some good gains at a steal of a price (heads and intake).

455

Chase - While I find you post amusing in the fact that you would lead a fellow Mopar man astray. You have just spend 3 to 4 k and only added about 10 foot pounds of torque. Sure you can spend 1,000 s on Kit and crap ... Piece it out, get what you want, and save some money and have replacement parts available. Unless you are made of money, grab a wrench and get busy. I will put my "gimmicks" up against any kit any day ! Power is only good if you can get it to the ground and keep it there. Heads, Headers, P&P, over bore, mapping, cold induction, cam advance. Are the only way to get more power from a magnum motor without Turbo or Supercharging. But you still have to keep the power on the ground.

6,665

why are you posting a picture of an engine thats different than what he has in his car? he has a 2006 5.7L hemi. and yes a throttle body spacer=gimmick. its crap. it does nothing. furthermore a full exhaust system and CAI worthwhile give nice results with a tune. OP....i forgot to mention the new hemis have a big issue with heat soak. see what you can dig up on a forum for solutions to this.

Hi guys Well first let me give you guys a list of the mods I have so far AEM brute force cai BBK 85mm kids body Airaid throttle body spacer Stack performance 180 thermostat Flowmaster super 44's Cat back exhaust Diablo predator tuner NX nos kit (not installed yet) Some guy gives me some mopar Stage 2 shortie headers for $180 should I get them? Do you guys know about gears??? should I upgrade??? What else should I do to my car it im going to dyno tune it soon

6,665

Skip the shorties. Go longtubes. Gears would be awesome. One of the best bang for the buck mods you can do.

455

Heat Soak of what part or component ? If its CAI then DO NOT use ALUMINUM. Starter - wrap it. Headers - Go Ceramic, if its heads - P&P heads with attention to match the exhaust and then coat them with ceramic also. Hope that helps u Chase ;) Good luck on the Dyno - you may want to go through the suspension and ensure everything is tight to spec. Chassis Dyno's can be very hard on the drive train. Don't own a Hemi ---- prefer the Magnum Motor ... we can discuss in a different thread if you like.

6,665

Don't know anything about the magnum. I only commented because I owned a hemi and did a bunch of research on it when I owned it. Every engine is different. I only comment on what I know. You can be the magnum king. I won't dispute you. When it comes to the hemi or LS motors I know a few things.

115

Good Stuff...

Michael it seems u know a lot bout engines I would love for someone like you 2 help me upgrade my hemi engine

people are crazy the best way to spend 6 grand is a procharger safe and and totally fun. the power the procharger offer is close to max power the engine can handle stock add long tube headers and high flow cats a go0od cat back exhaust and a torque converter and you will never need for more then that drive it like you stole it and have fun for years to come the heads and cam are nice but will not match the procharger and the cam will take away from your idle and will eat more gas the charger will eat only a little more gas.