Max speed of 2006 Charger Daytona?

145

Asked by Jan 07, 2012 at 09:09 PM about the 2006 Dodge Charger RT

What is the max speed with it's factory governor/limitor? Can I remove/bypass the governor, and if so, what is it's max speed then?

I have a 2006 Charger R/T Daytona SE, with the 5.7L Hemi.

125

I have had my stock 2006 Charger RT up to a little over 140, I believe it will do a little more than that.

165

Diablo Predator hand held lets you control the governor on your charger. Max speed is control be the governor program and your gearing ratios. I set the governor at 140 so I don't kill myself. Do not go over 105 mph if you do not have Z-rated tires, or you WILL die.

145

I have the premo tires, and new rims too. I've had it up to 120 already, but was too worried about cops around, so I slowed back down. (Already on DOL Probation; if I get two tickets before end of Jan 2013, I'll lose my license: Too many speeding tickets...) I think I need to work on the computer a little bit too, I was to change at what RPM's the engine shifts gears.... Will the Predator do that too? I would think that it should...

165

To go over 160, you will need to build the engine and transmission to do so and not just tune the computer. If I remember, the Predator allows you to change shift points and firmness. Since I dyno tuned my R/T, I really have fooled with the Predator except for CEL lights. Diablo Motorsports has the Trinity as well which has a few more functions than the Predator. Check it out at diablosport.com. What performance mods have you done to your Daytona?

145

Hnetly, none really. I have been having problems with it since I bought it from the dealer. I don't know what the previous owner had done to it. I'm currently working on forcing the dealership to own up to their fraudulent sale, and help me fix it up.....

165

I wish you the best of luck with that one.

365

How fast a car will go is determined on a lot of things. engine work, tranny work, diff work, type of gas used, computer work done, etc. It depends how much money you are willing to spend. You can change the shift points with any good aftermarket computer. Changing the gear ratio will either give you quickness out of the hole or way more top end so it depends where you are racing your car (remember, race the strip not the street). Drag boys want low gearing and rally guys want taller gears. If you really want to jack up the HP, you can rebuild the Hemi...new rods, pistons, cam, valves, push rods, crank, shave the heads, etc. Sky's the limit, it all is determined on how much you are willing to spend lol. Remember, if you work on the engine, you have to work on the other components as well, everything works together to get the max HP and Torque out of your car. Good luck

Just after buying my 06 Charger rt w/Track Pack, I took it up past the speedo, above 260 kph. the hood shakes like hell, and with no spoiler, she's a little loose.....but fastest i've been, even on a bike!!! ***note to people questioning tires/wheels: Car manufacturers MUST provide tires capable of the speed of the car..... NON z-rated tires MAY in rare cases be engineered/appoved for higher speeds even though not "rated". I phoned the Dodge, Michelin, and a EMT before I did this...... they all Approved :)

10

I have a stock 06 charger R/The with a intake system & flomasters and I have gotten it up to 145 no problem I felt I've could of gotten more but slowed down cuz of traffic

151 miles an hour was my top speed on I 95 south of Delaware. RT with Road and Track Package CAI, Premium fuel with (RP) for oil.

my 2013 Dodge Charger Blue Daytona R/T 5.7L will do 0-60 mph in under 6 seconds and tops out at 146 ...the engine never came close to red lining or feeling stressed the computer just shuts it down till you get back down to like 143 mph. I want the cold air intake ( Mopar? or K&N or who?? ) and the cat back system with I guess 2 1/2" pipes coming out the back. I have read their is a chip for somewhere under $100 and then the Diablo Trinity for the tuner which also will let you take the top speed higher for another $800 or so. I am still in the research stage and have also been told for just under 8 grand you can get a supercharger put on which would add 140 HP. Talk to me and tell your idea's or what you know. I live in central Florida.. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Paul

10

I have a 2006 charger with 5.7 with cold air intake ,chipped, and got up to 152 while a 2015 Taurus show watched my tailights it was fun!!!

15

I have a 2006 Daytona charger with k&n cold air kit and innovative chip. I have had it up to 130 and I think it could do a lot more. At that speed it is very stable with no vibrations whatsoever. I do have Pirelli's though which probably has a lot to do with that. Don't know how much HP chip adds but you can really feel the difference, definitely worth the 70 bucks I spent on it and I also get 16.5 mpg even though I run the crap out of it. Go mango!

Jmoney2468 about a second ago Best Answer My 06 daytona charger went a little over 160. Tuned my computer and it hot 0-60 in 9 sec . May seem it want get faster than 140 but give it about 10 sec and itll sore past it.