Have a flashing check engine light on my '96 Concorde lxi...

Asked by Mar 06, 2014 at 04:54 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LXi Sedan

I've taken my concorde to my regular repair guy and he can't figure out the problem with the flashing check engine light...says it can be anything, although he's checked the codes.  The car ran rough as we drove it to the repair guy, but has been running really well up until now.  Any ideas?  Thanks much!.

20

I have a 2000 Concorde that did the same thing with 160K Miles. It turned out to be the oil pressure sending unit. I have the 2.7 liter V-6. I have put all the above miles on it except the firs 24K. This engine has problems with sludging up if you don't change the oil every 3K miles and only drive it in town. Anyway the flickering engine light really had me concern and I bought the part at my local Chrysler dealership and that was it.

Thank you, Montjohn. We'll certainly suggest this to our repair guy. We had just had the oil changed last week and was one of the things we checked when the check engine light started flashing. Oil was full and very clean. We do appreciate your suggestion on the solution. By the way, we have about 150K on our 1996.