how do you replace the ecm on a 1998 chrysler concordelxi

Asked by Sep 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM about the 1998 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LXi Sedan

several months ago we had to replace the alternater on my chrysler, we tried 5 different used ones and the battery light kept going on  so we bought a brand new alternator,,same result ,,does not charge battery,, dash light still on someone told me it could be the ecm because the voltage regulater is inside it and alternater is not putting out proper voltage

Voltage regulator in the ECM? Are you sure? I thought it was part of the alternator. I'd personally check all your wiring from the alternator to the battery and starter.

Not sure about the Concorde, but some Dodge products in the 90's did have the voltage regulator build in to the ECU. Discovered that is the case on the Intrepid