1999 Chrysler Sebrink JX over heating AC problems

Asked by Apr 05, 2016 at 11:06 PM about the 1999 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JX Convertible

I recently bought a 1999 Chrysler Sebring JX from a private party. The car has 160 k miles on it and I am the second owner. It looked like the car was well cared for in it's time with the previous owner. Now I have a problem. A week after I bought the car it over heated and we found that the radiator cap was bad and not sealing the system, replaced that, filled the radiator with a 50/50 mix, burrped the air from the cooling system and all seemed well. Now a week later my wife calls me at work and says it over heated and made a loud pop noise. I got off work and drove to where she broke down to find that neither the low nor high speed fan was working. The part that worries me though was the cause of the pop noise. On the left side of the radiator the metal AC line blew clean out of the pressed fitting, clamp still attached to the flange and the 2 green orings still on the line. Are all of these problems tied together? AC did not work when we bought it, pup did not engage, Car started overheating and lost coolant, replaced radiator cap, days later over heats again, wife turns on the heater to try and get it home she was only two blocks away, then the loud pop, AC line blew clean out of it's pressed fitting. Any thoughts on what is going on?

update on our money pit. Tested the fan relays, replaced the fan relays, tested the fan switch, replaced the fan switch. Started the car up, sat and watched as the car warmed up. Noticed the fan would turn on some times, other times it would not, then the car would over heat. Replaced the fan motor, every thing is back to normal, car is driving great for the last two weeks with no over heating problems. The previous owner did over charge the AC though and that caused the low side AC line to blow out. I think I will take your advice after doing the needed repairs and sell this thing after reading all the bad reviews on this thing.