99 300m having heating problems no warning

100

Asked by Jul 05, 2013 at 08:31 PM about the 1999 Chrysler 300M 4 Dr STD Sedan

my car has been acting funny latley in this 108 degree heat but never b4 was driving without warning(tempgauge normal no warning light) i turned my car off to go in store came out car wouldnt start try again sounds awful dies im thinking blown head or gaskets let sit for ten min starts drives fine check everything its normal so change thermostat does it again 2days later now im pissed i just noticed that only 1 fan comes on when your have a/c running is this normal or could this b a problem i've been told its my water pump but no leaks or squeeks any ideas ?

this phenomenon is called "vapor lock" and is caused when the gasoline sits and starts boiling...doesn't return to normal until the gasoline stops boiling...might be a kit to keep your gas lines cool, will investigate~

100

ok got so which fan is suppose to cool the radiator only 1 fan turns on and only while a/c is running could this cause my temp gauge to go up

A 'heat shield' protective wrap is what our robot friends are calling for~

The A/C exacerbates the condition as the cool that you feel in the cabin translates to HEAT on the outside of the motor...you must keep the fuel lines cool...

100

were do you install that at?

oh, you mean the insulative wrap...okay, follow the fuel lines that come from the tank...insulate them from near the exhaust...manifolds...etc, by covering them in this wrap which will hopefully STOP the gasoline from BOILING~

100

ok thanks will not use a/c were can i get a heat shield wrap at and were do i put it at buddy?

yes...you may have a hot water heater in your home....protective wrap is used on the hot pipes to keep them hot...only yours is the opposite, you want the gasoline to be at the cool cool temperature of your gas tank...as long as possible...okay?

well the robots suggested "power sports place" and "new level", Summitracing was mentioned too, but you'd kinda got to shop for yourself locally, that way you can avoid shipping charges~ check your performance store....summitracing is my favorite~

....I wonder can you slice them laterally, are they gooey on the inside? they are calling for "slip over" but kinda reminds me of a sleep-over with disastrous results...we don't spin the bottle anymore, nor do we dis- assemble critical fuel lines...there has to be a way to "cheat" here--- probably should buy a spool and see what you can do with it....cable ties have saved the day for me many a time~

your fan switch (thermal operated) may be letting your coolant get too hot as well (replace the defective t-stat operated switch, please)~

100

were is this switch located also my friend tested the fan with a gauge power going in none coming out is the fan motor toast like he said?