I have a 2000 chrysler concorde that has a battery drain. If I pull the fuse for the interior lites and the fuse for park lites it will not drain. Any ideas ?

Asked by Sep 09, 2013 at 03:26 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX

I have already pulled the instrument cluster out and tried a different one thinking that was the drain but it was not. I then pulled the radio and all the brake lite, turn signal, trunk and glove box bulbs out , and even disconnected the horn and the test lite still shows a drain on the battery. Any ideas -  could it be the module that controls the interior lites and the door lock remote ?

diode in alt leaving.open circuit. disconect alt return wire and retest w test light

20

It may not be a residual drain at all. I own a '99 Concorde which has gone through a series of new batteries. Different mechanics told me I had a drain, but they could not find it. Just 5 days ago, an auto electric specialty garage came up with a different diagnosis. After 1 and 1/2 days of diagnostic testing, this garage told me that the starter and the starter's wiring harness were both pulling very excessive amperage with the result that the battery took a big hit every time the engine was started. They said that the alternator could not keep up with the power drain. The garage made a new wiring harness (using #2 gauge wire) and put a rebuilt starter on the car. The garage also told me that the battery was weak and should be replaced with a Mopar battery (which is made by Exide). The garage said that every car maker's brand of battery is superior to just about every every after-market battery brand. The garage guy said that every car maker's house brand of battery has thicker lead plates than virtually every after-market battery, as a result of the car makers' batteries being manufactured to their specifications. At first I thought that the garage was just trying to make a little extra money off me on the sale of the battery (for which the garage was going to charge $179), but when the garage guy let me supply my own battery I belived that he was legitimate. (I was able to buy a new Mopar battery for $80 with a coupon I found on the Jeep website.) Don't know yet whether this diagnosis is accurate or whether the fix is going to work, but you might check the amount of amperage being pulled by your starter and the starter's wiring harness. Jeff B. Dallas, Texas

Moisture resides in electronic parts when it is minus temp in Canada Water Links electronics Connections un wanted Fazal khan toronto