Can I run a power wire for an amplifier off the boost post without frieing any modules computer or amp itself.

Asked by Jan 24, 2015 at 09:51 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX

24,405

Yes, but use an in-line fuse.

415

By saying the boost post I'm assuming you are referring to the positive terminal? If so yes, but depending on your amp power (wattage rating) it will depend on the gauge of wire you need to run and also the amperage of inline fuse you would need to install as well! If only running one amp also!

46,415

Use an inline fuse and locate the fuse as close to the battery as practical. This will provide over current protection from the fuse to the amplifier.