My Chrysler 300M airconditioning stopped working. The blower system is still working and I am thinking that a relay or fuse blew somewhere in the system so that the condensor clutch is not engaging. Has this symptom been common?

Asked by Aug 29, 2007 at 03:38 PM about the 2002 Chrysler 300M Special

14,265

Hi ACE2EILEEN, This is very common during the hotter months of the year when temperatures force drivers to use the ac almost daily. If it blows sometimes cold, sometimes warm/hot your compressor is probably on its way out. Start with your relays and fuses. If nothings blown I would take it in to your trusted mechanic. Good luck!

75

My 04 special's ac also exhibited those same symptoms. I recharged mine and it went out the next day. Dirt particles inside of a line clamp eroded a hole into the metal suction line (the line is half metal and half "rubber". it connects the evaporator to the compressor. the clamp is located midway and is attached to the passenger's frame rail). I spotted referigerant oil in that exact spot days later and concluded it as being the cause of my ac problems. Replaced the hose myself at $90 (dealer part) and $23 to recharge with refrigerant/oil. This is a common occurance (along with evaporator failure $$$$ in earlier years) among chrysler's vehicles built on this (LH) platform. Hope this helps