1991 DeVille temperature sensor

5

Asked by Aug 01, 2016 at 11:52 PM about the 1991 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

Can somebody please tell me where the
temperature sensor is located. I change the
relay and check the coolant and a fuse and
my fans are not kicking on still. Any helpful
ideas will be greatly appreciated. My next
option is the temperature sensor if you have
another idea please let me know thank you

16,205

The engine coolant temperature sensor is located next to the engine coolant temperature switch on the engine coolant bridge (under the air intake plenum). (from a service manual)

16,205

Here are some pics. First is for 4.5, 4.9 L:

Best Answer
16,205

And this is for 4.6 L Northstar:

19,225

kens on a roll...also..does one cone on with the AC turned on ??

5

K I thought the too one was exactly where it is..next to the thermostat....by changing this ..will it affect the a/c also...I feel cool air..it just doesn't blow....then now w the car fans not coming on..I'm overheating

16,205

If the fans aren't working the AC wont work. The fans should come on immediately when you turn on the AC. If not check fuses and fan relays (I know you said you have already), then check fan circuit for power

5

When bypass the fans to come on so we are going to attempt to change the temperature sensor and see if that will help kick on the fans which is the major component on what I'm trying to do but if it also helps the AC blow then that will be a double Plus

5

Change temp sensor..still nothing... bypassed the fan with a toggle so that is good....but still no clue why air blows cold..just not through the vents....I can feel it so lightly coming out even though it's on high..any ideas??

I just had this problem and mine was do to a loose nut on the body ground. We tightened that and my fans kicked back on. Its right above my battery in my 91 coupe. Came across it by accident but its working now.