will loosing all oil pressure stop the fuel pump on a 2011 jeep wrangler

Asked by Nov 06, 2013 at 09:04 PM about the 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport

My father inlaw was taking my jeep to pick up my wife from the airprt and didnt see the oil light being on an drove it out of oil. He is basically stupid mechanically. Anyways it was towed to the dealership where they called an told my wife that it was a rock that hit the oil filter. Well three weeks later the insurance company ruled it a service issue saying it was punctured with an oil filter wrench. Well my Jeep is in Georga an Im here in Texas so its kinda hard for me to see what was the cause of my Jeep dieing. What I am leed to believe is that in this day an age wouldn't there be a saftey feature to stop a engine from self destructing due to an idiot driver. I have been working around diesel engines a long time and alot of the newer aplacations have saftey features to kill the engine in the event of total oil pressure loss.

7,565

You have to ask yourself, Why would someone use a filter wrench to install a filter that is susposed to be installed HAND TIGHT....and how far did it go from last oil change? That is where the Filter wrench was applied. Have them pull the filter and ship it to you. Tell them not to do any damage to it. Overnite it. You can be the judge then. Im assuming that it has a 3.8v6, These filters are easy to get to. No wrench should be required to install filter. If a dealership or quicklube place changed it last, they would be responsible for damage. If it was a rock....Id say your insurance company. Good luck with this.......

237,565

I'm not aware of any system to shut the engine down due to low oil pressure on a Jeep, only for the fuel and ignition system to prevent a fire.

Sounds like a theory...if with the new oil filter and fresh oil should be off to the races....I recommend some kind of undershield...searchin' and can't seem to find one to protect your oil filter~keep up the search~