I have a 1993 Cadillac sedan Deville and my heat is giving me some problems. the blower works but air only comes out of the dash and on top of the dash driver side blows cold and the passenger side blows warm but I am still freezing in the car please help.

Asked by Jan 14, 2015 at 04:23 AM about the 1993 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan

blower works but top of dash blows half cold air and the other half is slightly warm what should I do. I read someone said to check the antifreeze.

5,285

Checking the antifreeze level is a good start. Make sure it is filled to the cold mark on your reservoir tank when the engine is cold. If that does not correct your problem, evaluate your thermostat next. If it is stuck closed, it will not allow hot water to circulate to your heater core which is what heats your cabin air. (It would also explain why the passenger side air is slightly warmer than the driver's side since the heater core is on the passenger side and some residual heat may be getting through.) Is the car running normally or is it running hot? A hot engine may also indicate the thermostat or fluid level is to blame.

the car is running fine no signs of overheating. but I do have to ask bout the antifreeze I checked it (cold engine) and there was nothing in the reservoir and then I checked the radiator and it was full to the top now should I still fill the reservoir or leave it alone even though its empty. and thank you so much for the valuable info greatly appreciated

70

I had the same problem in my 95 deville I ran prestone flush through and replaced thermostat and filled antifreeze now its hot on both sides ..I think heator core was clogged..flush system it worked for me