Am considering a '93 Allante. I've noticed in several pics that the convertible top boot extenders are missing. Is this an issue...and how readily available are they? Thanks, Kerry

10

Asked by Jul 28, 2015 at 08:48 PM about the 1993 Cadillac Allante Base Convertible

22,625

I would try ebay.

10

I've looked there, but didn't see anything. It comes down to description, I'm sure...but I don't know the "official" description for the piece. It's the extended piece that covers the hinges at the very end of the boot. Probably 6-8 inches long? Kerry

10

Without them, it seems to me that the air coming under the boot at speed might dislodge it. Kerry

24,115

I would recommend giving the folks at Rock Auto a try. www.rockauto.com They carry a TON of parts for just about every car. Not sure if you can call them, but looks like you can e-mail them..Good Luck!

8,005

where is the site that has these pictures so I can look at them?

245

The covers are NOT readily available. They do come off if not properly installed. Your best bet to try and locate them is from the only 2 "real" suppliers of Allante parts, Dick Hussey in FL or Tom Rohner in CA. Google the names for their web sites, contact info.

Best Answer
8,005

Stick with Dick Hussey. Most often, Tom is getting his parts from him. Also, I have been to Dick's shop many times. He has enough parts and donor cars to build a fleet of Allante's. from scratch.

10

bobkat.....various sites of Allantes for sale. Just noticed on some "top down" photos that they were missing. yaros...yes, thanks. Both of those guys came up on my radar. Since these pieces are color specific, I guess I'll have to see which car I end up with before I conduct a search. Obviously the red will be the rarest. Thanks for the feedback guys. Kerry