What does a mechanic do to service an engine?

Asked by Aug 11, 2014 at 07:19 PM about the 1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours Sedan FWD

I'm driving a borrowed 1994 Cadillac Deville.  A notice showed up on the instrument
panel today that said, "Service Engine Soon".
I took the car in for an oil change recently.  The information on the readout on the dash
says there's 70% oil left before the next oil change.  
Another notice showed up last week that said something about checking the coolant.  
A neighbor filled it up with coolant.  Also, how do I know if this car is over-heating?  I
don't see a temperature gauge on the dash.

Go to utube and type in your questions. There you will find a massive amount of knowledge. I have a 97 Cadillac DeVille. On my dash panel at the left side is a button that reads " INFORMATION ". If yours has the same then push it until you get to the engine temp.I think that if you take your car to the auto parts store that they may be able to turn off the service engine soon light.