and what size rims should i get, i want to put spoked day tons but I'm not sure of the size i can get a way with

Asked by Jun 14, 2015 at 04:04 PM about the 1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours Sedan

1,505

For a nice refined look I would go with 18 inches. There will be many tire brands in that size for you to choose from. If you want to be more pimpish then 20 inches is the way to go. For tires, take a look at the Delinte D7's. I run them on my 08 Charger and the handle nicely. A set of 4 255/45/20 cost me a little over $500 for the set, mounted and balanced which is a great price. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
1,535

Yeah but, 45 & 35 series sidewall ratio tires will seriously affect the ride because they are too firm for the bigger car like your 97' Cadillac. Reconsider 55 series tires on 17" wheels (Nitto ?) Width from 225 to 250. Stay away from 45 & 35 small sidewall & hard riding tires They're for sports cars like Corvettes & tuners. This way it will look nice & still ride great like a Cadillac should. 225 & 255X55XR17 staggered on My Chevy truck shown.

1,505

The Delinte D7 tires that I suggested provide a firm yet enjoyable ride. I researched them for a while before I purchased them and I have no complaints at all. Very little road noise, they handle rain very well and they are cost effective. Max said he didn't want to spend a lot of money to do all these conversions and this brand will allow him to purchase a quality tire and stay within budget. I do agree that low profile tires will give a stiff ride but the sidewall on these tires is more than enough to give him a comfortable ride even with his big Caddy. I wouldn't recommend something I haven't used. I also have these on my 03 Deville in a 245/45/20 and she rides just like a Caddy should.

thanks a lot guys it was really helpful, can i still put 20s on when i get air bag shocks? won't it affect the wheel well when i lower and raise the car or it would be fine?

1,535

If you can find 55 series ratio sidewall tires in a bigger wheel diameter like 18 or 19's go for it, sorry. 17's are the new normal 15's. Many more wheel choices in 17's too. Again 45 & 35 ratios ride hard & pop easy on pot-holes.

Are you able to put that size of rim when you have air bag suspension that raises and lowers!?

1,535

Air bags & air shocks are 2 different things! You're confused. Air bags act as & replace springs in the suspension & still require shock absorbers. There is add-on types but only for load leveling like air shocks for towing trailers. Air shocks will lift the car, but when pumped-up they ride hard & stiff. 20" wheels will require modification (not to rub) to the suspension & wheel wells. And some require wheel spacers to clear the tie rods. Plus people who use those big wheels have the body lifted from the frame with big 4-6" Teflon spacers. Complete air bag systems are expensive & need a lot of parts, air line tubing, tanks & or compressors. And changes removing old suspension & springs. Talk or research someone that's done it.

I plan on getting 22s for my 02 deville base model and want to know what size tires do I need to keep it from rubbing or me doing any modification to the car

65,905

Take it to a 4x4 shop and jack it up until you need a ladder to get in it.