cooing fans

220

Asked by Dec 25, 2015 at 10:39 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS

My 2000 Cadillac seville fans work when i send
power to it from a battery but i wanna run a
switch to it how would i do that in the fuse box
sends hot even when car is off. Hot as in power

26,115

get power anywhere close to the battery/and run a dedicated line to the fans..or just fix whats wrong

22,725

right- fix the existing switch- keep it original- and do it soon because you don't wanna be overheating that engine- this is something for a pro to look at if you don't wanna wind up with a Caddy birdbath in your front yard-

11,540

I am assuming that the fans wont cycle properly? It could be your engine coolant temp sensor. Not the one that runs the gauges, but the one that runs the fan. on most models it is a 2 wire sensor that screws into the engine near the stat housing. If your fans never come on you can jumper wire the connector and see if the fans come on. I am assuming you have checked the relays etc. I have an older chevy and the fans wouldn't come on no matter what, but they both worked when jumpered. the problem ended up being in the PCM. since I didn't want to replace the pcm just for that, I wired a thermostat switch into the fan plug. it mounts under the hood and a probe goes in between the fins of the radiator. they are temp adjustable. Just so you know though, I would consider this a last resort. The other guys are right. if can fix the original system you are way better off.