problems with a huge hole blown out in my air intake

Asked by Jun 23, 2012 at 06:25 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Catera 4 Dr STD Sedan

i recently relplaced the coil pack (246) AND THAT SAME DAY IT STARTED RUNNING BAD AND THEN ALL OF SUDDEN DIED, I THOUGHT MAYBE A CONNECTION HAD COME LOOSE UPON LOOKING FOR THE  PROBLEM I FOUND A HUGE HOLE BLOWN OUT IN THE SIDE OF THE INTAKE UNDER THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.. SOME SAID MAYBE IT HAD  A CRACK AND JUST BROKE  SO  I REPLACED IT AND WITH IN 20 MINS THE SAME THING IVE TAKEN IT TO A FEW MACHANCIS AND NO ONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND WHY IT KEEPS BLOWING AHOKE IN THE SIDE OF IT

104,115

If intake is plastic and timing is off a backfire thru intake valve can cause this.